“Ad Susceptum Perficiendum” – “In order to achieve what has been undertaken.”
- The objectives of the ATS are to foster and promote education throughout Zimbabwe by:
- working closely with Ministry of Education in all aspects of mutual concern;
- discussing matters concerning policy and administration and encouraging co-operation between Governing Bodies;
- expressing the views of Governing Bodies of Trust Schools matters and taking such action as may deem expedient;
- acting as an advisory body on all matters of concern to members of the Association.
- advising on and promoting teacher training, recruitment and professional development;The ATS is run by an Executive Committee drawn from the Governing Bodies of member schools and representatives of CHISZ. It maintains a staffed office in Harare in the grounds of Chisipite Senior School.
The ATS has instituted three Associations linked to the work: